Monday, January 31, 2011

spring fever.

I've decided it's time for spring. For the past couple of weeks I've even started to convince myself that it's coming. I think it started when I walked into the grocery store the other day and saw a giant bouquet of daffodils right by the entrance.

Daffodils are my favorite. I just think they are the most cheerful, happy, bright flowers there are. Maybe it's because they are some of the first things to show any sign of life after the long winter months. Doesn't it just warm your heart when you walk out and see those little daffodil sprigs poking up out of the snow? That's what I think of when I see those things - spring! Hope for a day when I can walk out the front door without spending twenty five minutes bundling up for the five minute walk to school! Then those thoughts start to lead to thoughts of green grass, picnics, sunburn, freckles, flip flops, watermelon, swimming pools, blue skies... it's endless. And I just get so excited for it!


I think it's safe to say I have a serious case of spring fever.

Now, I am well aware that I am no longer in the sunny south where if it is below 70 degrees in February it is a scientific anomaly, and that since it is Utah, thoughts of spring have no place until, say, the middle of April. But yesterday, I was ready to jump for joy when I realized the sun was peeking through the clouds and it was much too warm for the coat I was wearing.

So what if it started snowing four hours later? And so what if I almost fell on my bum after slipping on ice on the way home from work today? I am convinced that spring is on its way! With little twinges of hope like this every once in a while, I can make it another couple of weeks (.....months...) And if springtime decides it wants to come out of hiding and show its face for an early appearance this year, I'd be just fine with it.

4 comments:

  1. I'd just like to say that I love your blog background.
    And also that you should check my blog in the near-ish future for a happy thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I have spring fever too. Hopefully spring hurries up this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well... I don't know about you guys, but on saterday AND sunday it was 63 degrees!!!! YEAH MAN!!! Spring likes us more!!!

    ReplyDelete