Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trunk or Treat!

Our ward's Trunk of Treat was on Friday night last week. We woke up the day of and decided we should go. Which meant that I had to get costumes and everything else ready in just a few hours by myself while taking care of a sick baby. It was pretty awesome. I think it ended up being pretty great though, and our trunk even won the Best Trunk award! (Ben was really excited about that one.)

Getting the costumes ready was really fun. I was a cowgirl, Ben was an Indian, and Trevor was Clark Kent with dollar store glasses sans lenses and I just made the super man symbol out of felt and pinned it on him. We ended up forgetting war paint for Ben, and Trevor would not keep his glasses on longer than half a second, but it was still a success I think.

The web for the trunk on the other hand, was a big pain. It's just strips of white fabric tied together. I tried to do it on the living room floor, but Trevor had way too much fun rolling around in it and chewing on it. Once I had the inspiration to tape it to the wall instead though, it wasn't nearly as terrible. The spider is a ball covered in fabric with yarn braids for legs and paper eyes. Needless to say, I kind of ran out of time for that baby.

Costume prep. Ben ended up not wearing the pigtails. They served as the spider's legs instead. I think they're cute.

Clark Kent






2 comments:

  1. You did that all in one day? Needless to say, I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so cute. Seriously though, Trev is the perfect Clark Kent. Love it. And I'm so impressed with your trunk! And the spider is adorable.

    ReplyDelete