Sunday, January 27, 2013

Trevor turns 1!

I know, I know. I'm over a month late posting about Trevor's birthday. But it's a pretty hectic time of year anyway. When you throw in a cross-country move as well, let's face it. There's just no time to blog. Anyway, more on that later.

Trevor turned the big 1 on December 25th! I'd always felt like we had to celebrate his birthday on his actual birthday, even though it would be hard to figure out how to work it with Christmas being on the same day. By the time the big day rolled around though, we were all so pooped Trevor didn't mind in the least his birthday party being postponed until the next day. In fact, I think he appreciated it. We pretty much took it easy all day (jammies all day, played with Christmas presents, took birthday naps, etc.). We celebrated with a delicious birthday supper of spaghetti, followed by a bear cake and presents. It was awesome. Here's the proof.







I really cannot believe my baby is a whole year old! He is so funny, and so smart, and has so much personality. He recently reached a couple of big milestones, taking his first steps at the beginning of December, and saying a few words on his own (please, book, bottle, ball, uh-oh, duck...and some other ones I can't think of right now). He gets bigger and smarter and cuter everyday. He has blessed our lives more than we ever thought possible. Sure love you, Trev!

4 comments:

  1. Do you know what I love? I love babies in cake!!! Especially YOUR BABY IN CAKE!!! He is precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cake! Such a cute and simple idea! What is the mouth made of?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rice krispy treats from Christmas. I just frosted over it a little bit.

    ReplyDelete